Drawing based on description - Class task

 Hello everyone!

We needed to show a graphic based on description. It was a description of dark, distant house located among greenery. It is such a pleasure to show you my answer for this task.


Process:
1. After understanding the topic I decided to create a sketch. Next I created a line art.

2. Shading and quality

Final Result:



This task was very pleasurable for me. I am sure that tasks like this are extremely helpful to improve the imagination and drawing skills. Furthermore, it can also develop the drawing skills (e.g. perspective drawing, greenery, shading). 


I recommend that everyone prepare a lot of references before starting drawing. For this task platforms like Pinterest will be necessary. There are many important images which could be essential for your art. 

I would like to take this opportunity to mention a wooden pad for drawing. It is extremely helpful if you want to make your drawing more comfortable. I strongly recommend you try it on your own.



In addition, take into account drawing with Ink. It is a really tough medium for the beginners but best for learning in my view.  


Why using ink could be crucial for you?

1. Ink cannot be smarted. It means that every mistake which you made will be visible in the final result. It helps to focus on mistakes and shows what you can improve.

2. With using ink you can get extremely strong contrast. This feature could be really important for your artworks. What is more it is impossible to get the same shade of black mat with using pencils. I have to mention that other techniques (like charcoal) also allow for a strong contrast. We need to remember that every technique gives different opportunities to show your idea and ink is very pronounced.


Materials:

Black Ink pen, Brush marker


Post Scriptum

If you want to find some useful references for project tasks you can use some of my boards on Pinterest. It is very practical and can save plenty of your time. 




My references/Pinterest:
pinterest.com/michallarysz/
pinterest.com/michallarysz/pins/


I hope you are doing well.
Michal

Comments

Popular Posts